The PreK-3rd National Work Group is an informal group of policy analysts and researchers working on projects to build aligned and high-quality systems of learning across every year of the pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, first, second and third grades.
For nearly a year, the PreK-3rd Grade National Work Group has hosted free webinars on how to reduce the achievement gap by focusing on children’s early years: pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, first, second and third grades. The last of these webinars, Scale and Sustainability: Implications for State and District Policy, will be held this Wednesday, Jan. 30, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. EST.
This final webinar will describe the policy changes needed to promote stronger early learning and instructional experiences for young children, especially those in underserved areas and from disadvantaged families. For decision makers at all levels of leadership -- from Congress to state legislatures, from state to federal agencies, and including superintendents and school board members -- there is still time to register. The ideas in this webinar are for you.
Jacqueline Jones, former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy and Early Learning, U.S. Department of Education
Vincent Costanza, Early Childhood Program Specialist, Division of Early Childhood Education, New Jersey Department of Education
Leaders of the Seattle/Edmonds/Everett School Districts' P-3 Coalition:
- Kimberly Kinzer, Director of Early Learning, PreK-5th Grade, Seattle Public Schools
- Lynn Lahey, Curriculum Specialist, Early Childhood Education, Everett Public Schools
Kristie Kauerz, Research Assistant Professor, P-3 Education Policy & Leadership, College of Education, University of Washington
For previous webinars, see the PreK-3rd Grade National Work Group website or visit these pages:
· Using Data to Inform and Improve Instruction: Child Assessment
· Looking Inside Classrooms: Teacher Effectiveness
· Curricula: What, How and Why
· Not So Simple: Standards and Their Implementation
· Allies Not Foes: School-Family Partnerships
· School Administrators: PreK-3rd Instructional Leaders
· Progress and Possibilities: The PreK-3rd Approach
On Wednesday afternoon, I’ll be live-tweeting this webinar on Twitter at @NewAmericaEd and @LisaGuernsey. Slides and video will be available in the coming weeks.